- Online Services Calendars, Tentative Rulings...
- Forms & Filings Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Traffic...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Locations...
Yuba County Superior Court has five elected judges. Superior court judges are elected in nonpartisan elections to a term of six years. If a vacancy occurs between elections, the governor makes an appointment to complete the term.
A “commissioner” is an attorney who is appointed by the court and given the power to hear and make decisions in certain kinds of legal matters.
A “juvenile hearing officer” is an individual that is appointed by the court under Welfare & Institution Code §255 to hear and make decisions in cases involving juvenile infractions.
A “pro tem judge” is an attorney who is appointed by the court and stipulated by the parties to hear and make decisions in certain types of cases.
Elected Superior Court Judges
- Honorable Stephen W. Berrier
Case Management Conference
Probate and Civil Law
- Honorable Debra L. Givens
Drug Court/Prop 36
- Honorable Kathleen R. O'Connor
Presiding Judge, Appellate Division
- Honorable Julia L. Scrogin
- Honorable Benjamin Z. Wirtschafter
Traffic Court Trials
Non-Elected Superior Judicial Officers
- Honorable Dennis A. Umanzio
Title IV-D Child Support Cases
- Bob Wells
Parking Administrative Hearings (County/CHP)